Sunday 10 November 2019

Ahoy Facebook #12



Fascinating. I really like Kubrick, but I must say that my eyes tended to gravitate to Tarkovsky's side of the screen when I watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJiDSbbfk8U&fbclid=IwAR0W7JJ01YTDtqa7ZGJYB41uPTfijps_gTL3Yv2hKZsRG54bwD94ZZxkN8g

Now, this is just lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6Mzvh3XCc&fbclid=IwAR0W25Tt5nUaF6bzF2HIgzNEQh-lTiLIMZkYVYEqnbaAToq3zljZo6tcJjc


Expelling Alistair Campbell just because he voted Lib Dem is tribal and childish in the extreme. Ho can you be a democratic movement when you expel and deselect people whose views don't align with your own? Their world-view has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

This guy was brilliant!

Interesting fact: 'debt' in German also means 'shame' whilst 'tax' in Swedish also means 'treasure.'
Germany is very fiscally cautious and often runs budget surpluses. Meanwhile, everyone in Sweden pays high taxes to fund universal public services and safety nets. Might the double meanings of those words be a factor?


I've finally bought three of my favourite albums. I've been listening to these albums for about fifteen years, but I've only bought physical copies now. It's Mr. Bungle's self-titled album, their album California and Frank Zappa's last album before he died. Coincidentally, Mr. Bungle just happened to reunite recently.

The copies of my latest book of essays have arrived. (Terrible photo.) :)



Does Facebook need even more narcissistic ostentation? Of course it does! Hence why I am posting part of my 'to-read pile,' though it will be a while before I get to these. Mainly history and philosophy books, with a couple of novels thrown in.




I'm travelling to Paris tomorrow.

No comments: