Wednesday 11 March 2015

500th post

Guess what? This is my 500th post!

Have you been reading this blog since 2007? Stuck by me all these years? Happy to have done so? Despondent?

I will stubbornly write on. And on. And on. Whether you like it or not. If you do enjoy dropping by, I will write for your delectation.

Many ideas bubbling in my head. I know what my next 5 books will be (3 novels, 1 memoir, 1 essay collection). In the past I would have these wild fantasies - 'oh boy, I'm going to write all these books - I'll get them published, too.' I have a pretty good idea of where I am going with these, though. I won't get too down if they don't get them published, either. (I have to be realistic - they probably won't.)

Most of these posts are lapidary in character, granted. Usually toss them off quickly. The idea for the essay collection is: revisit all the topics I've covered here, flesh them out and give them the kind of effort/attention I would to one of the essays I write for uni.

Stick around, my friend. Now, let's clink glasses, down the champagne and celebrate!

No comments: