Tuesday 20 July 2010

Wednesday Films

Here is a list of all the films I saw the last academic year. Wednseday was my day off from college, so I used this free time to its full advantage by watching a film. Prior to starting college two years ago film wasn't one of my main interests, but now I am quite passionate about it. This list consists of the films I saw in 2009/2010

The Leopard is the most boring fucking piece of shit ever conceived by anyone, and is praised by art fags with the vague hope of appearing intelligent. Other than that, I enjoyed most of these films. I changed my mind about Rohmer, I really like his films now.


------------------------

The Leopard (Luchino Visconti)
Mouchette (Robert Bresson)
Diary of a Country Priest (Robert Bresson)
Taxi Driver (Martin Scorcese)
Solaris (Andrei Tarkovsky)
Through A Glass Darkly (Ingmar Berman)
The Silence (Ingmar Bergman)
Winter Light (Ingmar Bergman)
Battleship Potemkin (Sergei Eisenstein)
La Grand Illusion (Jean Renoir)
Battle of Algiers (Gillo Pontecorvo)
Les Amants (Louis Malle)
Celine and Julie go Boating (Jacques Rivette)
Two or Three Things I Know about Her (Jean-Luc Godard)
Le Boucher (Claude Chabrol)
Band A Parte (Jean-Luc Godard)
Hiroshima, Mon Amour (Alain Resnais)
400 Blows (Francois Truffaut)
Le Mepris (Jean-Luc Godard)
Le Beau Mariage (Eric Rohmer)
A Summer’s Tale (Eric Rohmer)
Seven Samurai (Akira Kurosawa)
The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman)
Rome, Open City (Roberto Rosellini)

For a long period of time, LOVEFILM wouldn’t send me a whole batch of Tarkovsky films I wanted to watch. Instead they sent me films on my list that I didn’t want to watch at the time, but had to watch because I had no choice. I have decided to put these films on a separate list. Receiving the films I didn’t want to watch (but enjoyed watching nonetheless) spoilt my weekly Wednesday film ritual for quite a long time.

The Man Who Wasn’t There (Coen Brothers)
Manhattan (Woody Allen)
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (David Lynch)
Shivers (David Cronenberg)
eXistenZ (David Cronenberg)
Waking Life (Richard Linklater)
Dr. Strangelove (Stanley Kubrick)
Drifting Clouds (Aki Kuarismaki)

No comments: